Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium Tours
UT Athletics provides guided tours as well as self-guided tours.
Guided tours (tours last approximately 1 hour)
- Begin in the Red McCombs Red Zone, located in the north end zone of the football stadium.
- Visit the H.J. Lutcher Stark Center for Physical Culture and Sports and experience the Todd-McLean Physical Culture Collection -- the world's largest in the field.
- Experience the beautiful views of campus and downtown Austin from the mezzanine level of the stadium.
- Explore the historical memorials and statues in honor of those who have played an integral part in UT Athletics history.
- Walk through the storied tunnel and onto Joe Jamail Field, just like a Longhorn football player on game day.
- Explore the Mike Campbell-Bobby Moses, Jr., Football Trophy Room, highlighting the decorated past of Longhorn football.
- Travel through the history of Bevo inside The Silver Spurs Bevo Center.
- Each tour will also feature one suite and one amenity area, varying upon availability
- Tours will last approximately one hour.
*All available viewing areas will be subject to change due to other scheduled events in the stadium.
- Please note that tours will be ongoing throughout the year; however dates will only be released two weeks in advance.
- We suggest purchasing tickets online, as public tours are subject to sell out.
- Online ticket sales will end one hour prior to the commencement of the tour.
- Walk-up tickets may be purchased at the Red McCombs Red Zone ticket office up until the commencement of the tour. Availability of walk-up tickets is not guaranteed.
- Groups of 15 or more interested in a Private Tour must contact the Customer Relations Program by phone (512-471-7323), or email (firstname.lastname@example.org), for scheduling. (Please see Private Tour Policy.)
- You will receive a confirmation email once your tour request has been received.
- All tour locations, including field access, are subject to change without notice, depending on other events occurring at the stadium.
- No professional photography is allowed on stadium tours. Flash cameras will be allowed; however no videos will be permitted.
- Absolutely no food, gum or drinks will be allowed on the tour with the exception of sealable water bottles.
- Parking will not be provided. Please follow the University's guidelines for parking on campus. http://www.utexas.edu/parking/parking/visitor/
- Tours require a large amount of walking. Accommodations can be made for attendees who may be mobility impaired. (Please see Special Mobility Assistance.)
- Tours will not be given when the university observes holiday hours.
Private Tour Policy
Private tours may be scheduled up to two months in advance. The Customer Relations Program reserves the right to reschedule tours due to unforeseen and conflicting events taking place in the stadium. Private tours dates will be confirmed two weeks prior to their date. After this, confirmation of available viewing areas, including the playing field, are subject to change upon newly scheduled events. At no point can field access be guaranteed.
Special Mobility Assistance
Attendees who require special mobility assistance should contact the Customer Relations Program at (512) 471-7323 after registering for a football stadium tour online. Please contact us as soon as possible after registering if you need assistance.
$10 per person, regardless of age (including infant in arms)
Customer Relations Program
If you have any questions about our tours or are looking to schedule a private tour, we are looking forward to hearing from you! You can reach us by phone or e-mail.
Please include the following in your email or voice message:
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Potential Dates (Please list a minimum of three potential time frames.)
- Number of Attendees
- Tour Questions
Free, self-guided tours
The following path is suggested for your self-guided tour:
- Start at The Frank Denius Veterans Memorial Plaza on the corner of 23rd St. and San Jacinto.
- Walk east (uphill) on 23rd St. On the right, you will see The Tom & Cinda Hicks North Gate and Seal. The Red McCombs Red Zone food court is located inside Gates 14 and 16. Inside you will find Big Bertha and Smokey the Cannon on display. The food court area offers a nice view of the football field. (Please note that there is NO field access.)
- After exiting the Red McCombs Red Zone, continue east on 23rd St. until you reach Robert Dedman Dr.
- Turn right on Robert Dedman Dr. and head to Gate 32 where there is another excellent view of the field. (Please note that there is NO field access.)
- The Mike Campbell-Bobby Moses, Jr., Football Trophy Room is located inside the Moncrief-Neuhaus Athletic Center and is accessible by Gate 32. This trophy room holds the National Championship and Heisman trophies, among other prestigious awards. The trophy room is open to the public Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.