Athletics Risk Management and Compliance Services: Current Longhorns — Student-Athlete Special Assistance Fund
NCAA Special Assistance Fund
The NCAA provides a fund to assist student-athletes with special financial needs.
You may be eligible to receive money from the NCAA Special Assistance Fund if you are:
- A Pell Grant recipient.
- A student-athlete who receives athletically-related financial aid, and who has a demonstrated financial need.
- A foreign student-athlete who demonstrates a financial need. The International Office must certify in writing that you have sufficient need.
If you are eligible to receive money from the NCAA Special Assistance Fund, you may use the funds for:
- Essential purchases, such as clothing and shoes (entertainment is not included in these expenses), or travel expenses home.
- Supplies for academic courses (general school supplies such as notebooks and pens) and rental of equipment (such as cameras, computer time) that are required for all students enrolled in a particular course.
- Medical and dental treatment not paid by other insurance coverage, such as premiums for optional medical insurance, hearing aids, vision therapy or psychological counseling.
- Travel and other costs specifically due to family emergencies.
If you think you are eligible, and would like to make a request for SAF funds contact Karen Jenke at (512) 475-6398.