Athletics Risk Management and Compliance Services: Coaches and Staff — Coach Appearances
Promotional/Charity Appearances for Coaches
We receive many requests from the public for coach appearances. The NCAA legislation regulates the manner in which coaches may participate in promotional activities. Any use of a coach's name, picture or appearance to support The University of Texas, charitable, educational, or nonprofit activities requires prior approval by the Compliance Office to ensure it is permissible under NCAA legislation.
Procedure for Approval
All requests for a coach at The University of Texas appearance must be approved though the following procedure:
- Individuals or groups requesting a coach appearance should complete the Coach Appearance Form and submit it to the Compliance Office or the sport's administrative assistant.
- The request will be forwarded by the athletics department staff to the appropriate coach for their approval.
- If approved by the coach, the request will be forwarded to the Compliance Office.
- The Compliance Office will review the request and determine if it is permissible under NCAA legislation. If approved, the Compliance Office will notify the appropriate sport's administrative assistant.
- The administrative assistant will contact the agency/organization to notify of approval. Please note, a coach may not attend any event without the approval of the Compliance Office.
Links and Resources