Academic and Student Services: Study Hall Information
Study hall is a key ingredient to success for all student-athletes. Study hall allows time to learn and effectively manage the responsibilities and expectations placed on the student-athlete.
Study hall gives student-athletes the opportunity to do individual or group study sessions, meet with tutors and counselors or work in the computer lab on class assignments.
- Be Present. Give complete attention to the lecture, class discussion and class exercises.
- Manage your time. Read your syllabi. Chart all assignments, tests, papers and projects to establish a study plan. Leave time for review and relaxation.
- Stay current. Complete reading assignments prior to lectures.
- Take notes that will help you remember. Notes can be in whatever form is meaningful and memorable to you. They should also be readable.
- Frequently review. Go over class notes immediately after lectures.
- Ask for help. If you're stuck, see your instructor. Go a study group. Find a study partner. Use a tutor. Don't wait to fail an exam before you get help.
- Take care of yourself. Exercise. Eat balanced meals. Get enough rest.